the simple girl's guide to denim on denim.

Monday, July 11, 2011 § 0

I know, I know, taking on the fashion challenge can seem a little daunting.  After all, you don't want to end up looking like a denim monster or like something that popped out of the '90s.

I personally love denim on denim, because it's ever so comfortable and, when worn right, is perfect casual-chic.  Here's a few tips to keep you looking fresh and awesome:

1. Wear different shades of denim together. 


A lot of times I'll see models in magazines try the same shade together, but they're models- they can pretty much pull off anything.  I tend to stray from shades that are too similar and put colors together that are completely different.

Add a fun necklace for some color dimension, like this white necklace from Delia's.

I never thought I'd do it, but I end up wearing this hat EVERYWHERE I go. It's become a summer staple.  

2. Get a pair of black jeans- they work with practically anything.




COOPER'S TRYING TO BE ARTSY ALERT



 3. A light-colored denim shirt is good for summer and mixing and matching. 


I love wearing my denim shirt over my shorts, since it has the feel of big and loose over short and tight.  Add a pair of brown wedges and a hat and you're golden, Ponyboy.  

Just remember to be CONFIDENT when wearing denim on denim, otherwise you might not be able to pull it off.  It's a fun look and I recommend it to anyone who's looking for a simple blast of chic in their wardrobe.

Until tomorrow, 
Cooper

What's this?

You are currently reading the simple girl's guide to denim on denim. at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply