hummingbird and how cooper got her groove back.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 § 0

Remember that sweet little hummingbird I mentioned in this post? Well, before I left for CSU, I snapped some shots of her peeking her little head out of her nest on my camera.


Isn't she magnificent?

I don't think she's in the tree in front of our house anymore.  When I left for college, her nest was dry and empty and she was nowhere to be found.  Maybe she moved on to greener...er...trees? And is this some sort of extended metaphor someone up top is trying to give me?

Part 2 of this post; or, the part where I detail the events leading up to me slowly regaining my sense of style back after a week of fashion flops...

Ok, so they haven't been entire flops, but with the stress of being in an entirely new city all alone and having to transition from a blissful summer to days packed with unfamiliar classes, faces, and professors, fashion has gone on the back burner.  I've been wearing rolled up jeans with flats and v necks, and things tucked in to other things hastily and hair pinned back in quick ballerina buns... It's been all right, and just all right.  So finally, I made a promise to myself that I would put in a little more effort.  

And after seeing this picture on Tumblr: 

...I set out to recreate it, my way.  And here's the result: 

Cardigan: American Eagle; Blouse: Forever 21; shorts: Delia's; belt: JC Penney

My apologies for the absolute dewiness of the picture; in my defense, it was taken at 10:00 in the morning and I hadn't yet applied my makeup for the day.  

But that's the outfit!  I was awfully proud of it.  It gave me hope that maybe; just maybe I'm getting a little bit better at balancing this whole college/fashion scale.  

Until tomorrow, 
Cooper



What's this?

You are currently reading hummingbird and how cooper got her groove back. at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply