Trying to get my life together.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 § 0

Between balancing a video blog for my school newspaper, moving into my new apartment, packing for said apartment, and moving my sister to Colorado, it's been awfully hard to vlog lately.

I will tell you, it's been quite an eventful few weeks and I guarantee that the upcoming weeks will be just as stressful.  But stressful in a good way, if that makes any sense at all.  Stressful busy, stressful accomplished, stressful independent.

The only bad part of these last few weeks has been my lovable junk-heap of a car.  It was my first car, a lovely old 1990 Volvo, and I've had it for the past 3 years, driving it between states and to school and with my windows down with music blaring and up and fogging with the cold.  It's been good to me.

That is, except for lately.  It's been smelling of gas every time I drive it and last week, when I was nearly in the middle of an intersection, it shut off without any sort of warning, leaving me stranded in a turn lane.  This scares me, if you can imagine, mostly because my dad looked it over and thought he fixed the problem but the uncertainty carries between us both.

So, we thought it was fine, for now.  Then today, I try to turn it on and I discover the battery is flat dead.  No lights were left on, nothing was plugged in where it shouldn't have been, nada.  A mystery.  And this is the second time it's died in two weeks.

I'm nervous because if I get a job that's not walking distance from my apartment this semester, I'm going to have a big need for a car.  Especially since my parents live two hours away from campus and I tend to like to drive down to visit them.

UGH.  This car.  So lovable but so unreliable.


What's this?

You are currently reading Trying to get my life together. at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply