Reading.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 § 0

So I'm incredibly proud of myself.  My freshman year, I hardly read at all for fun because I was taking a bunch of lit courses and had to read for that class.  Over the summer, I got lazy and read maybe one book a month.  Lame.  This semester, however, has been different.

I think it's the fact that I'm nannying now.  When I pick up the kids, I read until they're out of class.  While they're doing their homework, I read.  While Meg's at soccer practice, I read.

I'm inhaling books like crazy and IT FEELS GOOD.   It's the beginning of a good year, y'all.

What I've read: Summer to Now-


1.  The Host- Stephanie Meyer (Stefanie?  I don't know.)  So anyone who knows me knows that I hate Twilight with a burning, fiery passion just because I feel like Meyer's writing is akin to a 4th grader's (harsh but true).  However, my Swap.com profile kept telling me to read this and I did and it was surprisingly quite awesome.  Cheesy, but awesome.

2. Looking for Alaska- John Green  Tears.  Tears everywhere.  But JESUS CHRIST this man knows how to write a book.  John Green is my writing idol and I strive to be just like him one day.  Including the hilarious YouTube channel with his brother.  BY THE WAY, for those of you who have read this book and want to know the background on the pranks, watch this video of a young college-age Green talking about his boarding school experience:


3.  An Abundance of Katherines- John Green Yeah, I was having a Green phase during the summer.  But he's just fantastic, and this book is my favorite of his just because it's so hilarious and good and I love road trip novels, I do.

4. Saving June- Hannah Harrington  .....Meh.

5.  Fireworks over Toccoa- Jeffer Stepakoff Okay, so this book is a little predictable and your basic love story, but damn if it isn't delicious.  PLUS it's set in the '40s and the main guy is italian and it's in the South and it's just so lovely.

6. My Name is Memory- Ann Brashares This is another love story, and this one tackles reincarnation and past lives.  It's pretty interesting, and I've read books like this before and this was far better than the others.  That said, it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be and I had a hard time getting through it.

I read others, I'm sure, but I can't remember the rest and also I'm tired and it's late and I have to read this stupid book that I don't want to read for history.  Life is CRAZY.  Not really.  But I gotta go do that so that's what I'm gonna do.

I really have to stop blogging when I'm this tired.  My paragraphs are such gibberish.

Later,
Madi












What's this?

You are currently reading Reading. at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply